Important Links/Information

Fellow Addicts

Friday, January 11, 2013

Three In A Row


Orly Nite Owl

Hope you don't mind, but it's the third Orly polish on a row here on Life.Love.Nailpolish! Nite Owl was one of my must-haves from the Birds Of A Feather collection released in Fall of 2011. I've worn it before, but as with most Orly polishes on me, it chipped in a few hours so I don't wear it very often. It's a sort of chocolatey taupe color with silver shimmer. I thought it would be more nude but it's a bit too dark and cool-toned on me. I'll have to look it up in my notebook later, but I used either 2 or 3 coats here. It was a little thick and lumpy, but I don't know if that's because it's been sitting around for so long since the last time I used it. On to the pics!


Orly Nite Owl

It's really packed with shimmer, so no need to worry about this being a hidden shimmer polish!


Orly Nite Owl
See what I mean about it being a little lumpy? I'll thin it next time before I wear it. I hope my bottle of Royal Navy thickened up a bit since it was on the thin side.


Orly Nite Owl

Hope you liked the polish, and if not, I hope you at least liked the larger pic size! I widened the blog so that it could fit larger pics. If the pics still aren't large enough for you, you can always click on them and make them even bigger (although, that is slightly more complicated now that I use flickr for pics).

Happy Polishing,
Janelle

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. I haven't been into Orly lately but this one is worth seeking out... hitting the etailers ASAP. I hope they still have it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should! Orly polishes stay around for a while!

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous color! Butter London All Hail The Queen is one of my faves, very similar to this but the sparkles are holo. These colors are just so beautifully classic and this is so flattering on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl! All Hail The Queen was a little lighter if I remember correctly but it chipped so quickly and was too sheer that the little holo wasn't worth it for me to keep, especially at $14 dollars a bottle. I ended up giving it away as an RAOK. But I still think it's a beautiful color.

      Delete

Please do not link to your blog in the comments. You can email me [life.nailpolish [at] yahoo.com] if you want me to read your blog or just to contact me in general. Comments with links will not be published. I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment.